Sunday, March 17, 2013

Have You Seen Me?



Has anyone seen me or any of my friends?




I am 2 and this is my friend 5



We have many friend's and one of us is missing...
 do you know who it is?



These "My Birthday" figurines are made by a company called SONSCO.  I have had these since I was a little girl.  My Mom used to put them on my brother's and my birthday cake each year.  

I am constantly on a search to find the missing "8" (or any other number).  I frequent Antique stores and flee markets where my eyes are always searching for my friend.  I also check Ebay, where I actually found the number "2" many years ago!!!

Here are a few photos where we've enjoyed our tradition of the "My Birthday" pals...

 





If anyone has seen these figurines or happen to have any that they would like to sell, please comment with any information.  

Also, please repost this, PIN this or pass it around in any way that may help locate additional numbers.

 
 PLEASE HELP ME FIND "8"!!!
 
THANK YOU!! 
~ Darlene

To Subscribe Please Enter Your Email Address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

This post may be linked at several of these sites:
 Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday, Sarah Dawn Designs, Raising ReaganSew Much Ado, Southern Lovely , Sugar and DotsFamily Home and LifeThe Life of Jennifer DawnMy World Made By HandMade in a Day , Housewife How-To's


















16 comments:

  1. They sure are cute. I have never seen them before. Sure hope you can find number 8!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen these red cuties, but i have little girls in white dresses that number up to 8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastically cute tradtion. I will keep my eyes open too because I love helping fellow vintage collectors.

    Smiles,
    Rachael
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visit a lot of antique stores but I don't ever recall seeing these little guys. But If I do I will let you know...........they are pretty cute. Love all the old pictures this is amazing
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen these before. I will look at some thrift shops in the area since I'm always in one and see if I can look out for it.

    xoxo,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been "antiquing" for over 30 years and have never seen these. Best of luck - hope someone comes thru with # 8 for you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen clowns, but not these. I will keep an eye out for them. I will also pin this. Great family tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you've had some since you were a kid, thats great!

    am stoppin by from ALoha blog hop, following and hope you ca do the same :)

    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    Follow my blog with bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are those?! Sorry I can't help you find the missing 8. Thanks for sharing on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you tomorrow at:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are awesome! I have never seen them before, but I love them. Have you checked on ebay or Etsy? I am amazed at what I can find on there. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week! So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from the Aloha Hop. Now following via GFC.

    Would love to have you link up on my Bloglovin Blog Hop:
    Bloglovin Blog Hop

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your search Darlene! Love the family pictures :)
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these. Good luck in finding the missing 8. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Have a great week.
    Debi, Charly, Marci, and Suzan
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool tradition! I'll keep an eye out for one...one...#8!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you find the number 8 to complete your collection. Thank you for sharing on Crafty Thursday Obsessions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be on the lookout for you! Now following your blog, twitter, pinterest and fb from the Aloha hop, would love follows back :)

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete