Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter...many, many years ago!!



I came across this picture of my brothers, Gary and Bob and myself, from Easter many, many years ago.  I may have been about 8 or 9 years old in this picture.

We used to get all decked out and go to Church.  I remember that we used to receive a small box of chocolates on Easter at Church.  Each week we would go to visit my Grandparents on their farm. 
We always felt so good when we walked in the farmhouse and offered our boxes of chocolates to Grandmom.  I wonder now if she actually took them!!  Lol!


This is a very old picture of the barn that the chickens lived in (see them in the windows at the top) and the front part is where the store was to buy the eggs. 

Sadly, the farmhouse and the barn and all the other garages, houses and outbuildings on the farm were leveled for an office complex.  I was so sad to see this happen...everything beautiful just wiped away forever.  

Shan-Gri-La Farm was located on Welsh Road in Horsham, Pennsylvania

~ Darlene

Follow on Bloglovin


Download Sewing Patterns Today!
 
This post may be linked at several of these sites:
 Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday, Sarah Dawn Designs, Raising ReaganSew Much Ado, Southern Lovely , Sugar and DotsFamily Home and LifeThe Life of Jennifer DawnMy World Made By HandMade in a Day , Housewife How-To's, Serendipity and SpiceHuckleberry Love

14 comments:

  1. Look how cute you are!! I think we had similar hats! Fun to see and sorry about the office complex...."pave paradise..put up a parking lot" as the old song goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hats were so fun much to pick out and to wear on Easter!

    Yes, that song does come to mind, doesn't it! :(

    ~ Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me reminisce the Easter during my childhood. Happy and blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures.........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable in your photo.
    Glad you have the photo of your grandparents farm to bring back fond memories.
    Thanks for sharing at Funday Monday!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your memories, Darlene. Sort of bitter-sweet... Hope you held onto the custom of attending church weekly, even though you can no longer go to the farm afterwards. The faith passed on is one treasure no moth or rust can take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read old family stories. Love the pics too. Thank you for sharing this at Much Ado About Monday.

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jamie

    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine your sadness at leveling the chicken house, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine your sadness at leveling the chicken house, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures, I can imagine your sadness upon leveling the buildings, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing your post at our linky party this week!
    What a fun throwback!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, it's a pity that old things that have so much to tell, are deleted in the name of progress. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pity that such places that tell stories of lives, are destroyed to make place to progress. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos, it's a pity that old things that have so much to tell, are deleted in the name of progress. Tina

    ReplyDelete