Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pretty Mouse Pad - DIY




Making a pretty mouse pad is really simple and doesn't require much talent...really it doesn't!




You will need:  A blank mouse pad or any pad you choose to recover.  (I got mine at Ikea for $1)
Your Choice of Fabric
Heat and Bond or Pellon Wonder Under

 
Lay the fabric down with the wrong side facing up and place the Heat and Bond on top.  Trace the mouse pad and cut through both layers.

 
 Iron the Heat and Bond to the wrong side of the fabric and then...

 

...Peel off the paper backing.


Flip the fabric to the right side and iron to the top of the mouse pad.  Be careful that your iron isn't too hot.  Some mouse pads are foam and may melt slightly if your heat is too high.



A nice touch to spruce up a boring desktop!

~ Darlene


Comments welcome and appreciated!
This post may be linked at several of these sites:
 Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday, Sarah Dawn Designs, Raising ReaganSew Much Ado, Southern Lovely , Sugar and DotsFamily Home and LifeThe Life of Jennifer DawnMy World Made By HandMade in a Day

28 comments:

  1. Very creative lady! It sure beats those boring pads!!! How fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mouse pad -very creative you! thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mouse pad. I didn't realize it was possible to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. You are such a talent. Thanks for shares it with us.

    visiting u from Aloha Friday.
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! now we can personalize our mouse-pads. Wonderful as a personalized gift!

    Thanks for the tip!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea at Moonshine Monday! You have a great week, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously - super cute idea Darlene. Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! I'm pinning this! Love the pattern you chose. :-)

    I'm a new follower via GFG, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Visiting from Monday Funday linky party! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blog you have here! I found you via Made in a Day's blog hop and glad I did. I love this make your own mouse pad post (I never would have thought to do this) and your blog is just great. I'm following you via GFC, Facebook and Twitter. I'd love for you to stop by and visit sometime! Happy Tuesday!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/4-You-With-Love/258813757527841
    https://twitter.com/4youwithlove

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute. I must give it a try. Happy to be a new GFC follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog.
    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute and fun. I love it. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute, and affordable, too! I love how a person could use any fabric of their choosing with this. Found this via JAQS Studio's link party. If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene - I love your mouse pad. How clever. Thank you for sharing. I found your project on oldie but goodie!
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love this! I had no idea you could makeover a mousepad. So clever. Happy to be following along via GFC and looking forward to more of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please share your entry on Creative Crafts Thursday, www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com, and any of your favorite projects each and every week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is that! Thanks for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Be sure to join us next Sunday at:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the mouse pad! Very neat idea.
    Thanks for sharing at Funday Monday.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that fabric--looks for fancy! Thanks for bringing this to the Oldie's party! Hope to see you back there next week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A computer desktop in high fashion style, we love it! Thanks for Linking Up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful tutorial! I loved the outcome!
    Great post!! I included it in my post Βόλτα στη Γειτονιά #24 :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am featuring your mouse pad today on my blog. Thanks for linking it up. I think I am going to try to cover our boring mouse pad in our office. The next link party starts later today. I hope that you will link up again. Thanks.

    http://ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! I had no idea you could do that. Fun way to personalize! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute idea!! I featured this over at Think Tank Thursday today.
    Have a great day!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2013/03/welcome-to-think-tank-20.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just made this but used contact paper, so easy! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just made this but I used contact paper instead, SOOOOO easy! And so cute!! Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete