Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Projects #2

This week wasn't too productive but I did get a few projects completed.


The first finished was another slouch hat made with some funky, cotton yarn.  My model wasn't cooperating!  :)

My next 3 projects were experiments on my new embroidery machine.  I'm happy with the way they came out and looking forward to making more!

I added a 2" border on the fronts and a 1" border on the backs in a coordinating fabric.  They wash nicely and are super easy to make!!


 

Monogrammed bath towels are always a must do!  These were my newest find at Macy's.  They are Martha Stewart towels and they are soooo soft and even softer after you wash them!
 I used a Swirlz font since I didn't want them to be real fancy looking... just fun!


 On February 23rd, Designing 4 Hope will be doing another room makeover for Luis.  His sister, Vivian, likes brown, teal and polka dots!  This is the pillow I made for Vivians room.  Look for my post at the end of February for the finished makeovers of 3 rooms for Luis, his brother, Enrique and his sister, Vivian.

Ok, here I have yet another crocheted baby blanket but this one is different!  This is my special "Downton" blanket... I call it that since I watched ALL 3 Seasons of Downton Abbey (did someone say marathon?) this week so I could get caught up with the rest of the world!  Sadly I was finishing it up on the Season 3, Episode 3  :(

 Another really super easy project...one Great Big Granny Square with a shell edging.

 It's hard to see the colors of soft blue, pink, white and yellow and how soft and cuddly it feels!!


That's it for Last Week's Project's...come back next week for #3.



13 comments:

  1. Wow...you did a lot in one week! I love the little towels and the monograms on the bath towels...very nice. And, the pillow is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I seem to have a little more time to myself lately, so I am taking advantage of it!!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  2. I found our site from the Glitter, Glue and Paint social party. I have an embroidery machine and I love it!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following your site and I am follower #200! Yeah! I like milestones! I hope to learn a lot more about my machine and post lots of fun projects!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  3. I love your embroidery projects! What machine do you use? I have a brother SE400 right now but was looking to upgrade.

    I wanted to invite you to join in our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Friday nights through the end of Monday. Come stop by if you have time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have the Babylock Ellure Plus 3. Got it for Christmas and love it! i am still figuring the whole embroidery thing out and learning lots! I have some new projects to share next week...hope you are following. I will check out your blog hop now and follow.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      ~ Darlene
      Facebook = My Honey Bunch

      Delete
  4. You are very productive! I think it's a lot of work!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i'm following the "meet & greet" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am a fellow crocheter and your newest follower from the Meet & Greet Blog Hop. I hope you will check out my page too!

    -Amy @ The Stitchin' Mommy
    http://www.thestitchinmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks and I am following your blog too...Love your Etsy items too. :)

      ~ Darlene
      Facebook = My Honey Bunch

      Delete
  7. You were busy this week Darlene!! :) Love it all.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been super busy! I love everything. The pillow looks awesome. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy
    www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete