Friday, February 15, 2013

Barefoot Sandals


I know it's only February!  I just needed a little bit of sunshine today.  All this chilly weather we have been having in Pennsylvania is making me anxious for the beach at the Jersey shore... it can't come soon enough for me!


These are some barefoot sandals I made last summer. 
In case you aren't familiar with them, they slip on your toe and tie or loop around your ankle.  They look like you have sandals on when you are actually barefoot!  I consider them foot jewelry.


Source:  Gleeful Things

They are fairly simple to make if you know how to crochet.  Some of the patterns come with a picture/sketch of the pattern.  I personally like this type of crochet pattern for these sandals since I can see exactly what it is supposed to be looking like at all times.  Gleeful Things has a beautiful pattern for sale and it is ONLY $3.00!!  You may want to start out with this pattern since it comes with detailed instructions and pictures too!!

I've made several types of sandals and this one slips around the ankle and then over the toe, so you don't have the ties up your ankles. This one is made in Adult and Child sizes...

I know this isn't the pattern I used to make the ones in the picture above, but this pattern from Tutu's and Tea Parties is very similar.  You can also alter the pattern to make them in adult sizes.

Look how adorable!!
(and the sandals are pretty sweet too!) 
~ Darlene


Comments welcome and appreciated!
This post may be linked at several of these sites:

Flamingo Toes, Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday

25 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. I am so ready for sandal weather!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This is super cute! You could do this for an adult too with bling! Love it! She is so darn cute too :)
    I would love if you link this to my link party Monday morning!
    XO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com



    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute--and look even cuter on a little girl! Thanks for linking this up to Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely adorable! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newest follower here! Found you on the blog hop. I look forward to reading more!
    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just wonderful! Oh how my daughter would have loved a pair when she was younger. You do beautiful work! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi!
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute. Visiting from Shades of Amber. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome! We find a ton of these on the islands when we are in Hawaii...very popular. I love the crochet pair!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing these cuties at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are SO cute! I would love some for my little girl! I would love it also if you shared this post on Thrifty Thursday link party tomorrow @ http://fromnature-tonurture.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! My little DIVA would absolutely LOVE these! Thanks for linking up at My World!

    Jessica
    myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Darlene, Well, you certainly brought a smile to my face when I saw the thumbnail about barefoot sandals, I just had to pop over and pay you a visit.
    When I was a little girl in the 1950's, I lived on the Island of Cyprus, in the Mediterranean. During the summer it was very hot and the floors in our house were marble, which were lovely and cool. So, I created my own barefoot sandals, not as beautifully decorative as yours, but a child's version and I wore them all the time inside the house. Do you know I really hadn't thought about them for many years until I saw your picture. So thank you for bringing back some lovely childhood memories.
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and I found you via The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, so I have become a new follower. You would be welcome to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! when you have the time.
    Best Wishes from England,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne, So happy to refresh a childhood memory! I love those times when that happens. I would love to see the Island of Cyprus! My husband and I ALWAYS talk about our trip to Italy someday! Problem is that we are both afraid to fly!! Maybe someday we will get to Europe!

      Happy to make you smile and I will be stopping by your blog, although I believe I am already a follower.

      ~ Darlene
      Facebook = My Honey Bunch

      Delete
  14. Oh, these are so adorable! You did a fantastic job. I am so ready to pull out the sandals. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I love them. Hope you are having a great week. :)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darlene,
    Those are so cute! Love the ones with the flowers on the little girl.
    Thank you for sharing at Funday Monday!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are adorable! Found your blog through Made in a Day and I'm a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are so cute. Nice job. I know my granddaughters and teenager will want one. I found your post at the Pin Me Linky Party #21 and will pinning it in a minute.

    Darlene
    http://darlenebnemeth.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty! Thanks so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you tomorrow on the next Creative HomeAcre hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm featuring your post on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. So adorable.

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are so adorable, especially the bottom pair! Thanks for linking up to my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete