Friday, January 11, 2013

Piano Pillow


This fleece Piano Keyboard Pillow is so soft and snuggly and so
easy to make!  The finished size is 14" x 28". 


I purchased a 14" x 28" pillow form from JoAnn Fabrics (with my 40% coupon, of course)



 Cut 2 pieces of fleece fabric 15" x 29".  Draw pencil lines 1 1/2" apart across the entire pillow and using a short and narrow zig zag stitch, stitch over the lines from top to bottom.



Cut a rectangle of black fabric 7" x 10" and iron to Wonder Under.  Using your favorite method, cut strips 3/4" wide.  I drew lines with a pencil and cut, although you can also use a rotary cutter.


Lay the black piano keys centered on the top of the white keys.  Place a piece of cloth over top and iron the black keys to the white keys.



Using a zig zag stitch, stitch around all the black keys.


I usually assume that my readers have some sewing ability, so I am not going to get into how to put a zipper in for a closure.  Sewing Barefoot has a nice tutorial on installing a zipper in a pillow


I chose to not use a zipper, so I just pinned wrong sides together and sewed around, leaving an opening to insert the pillow form.  After inserting the form, I hand stitched the opening.



Click HERE to hear this pillow!!

~ Darlene


Comments welcome and appreciated!
This post may be linked at several of these sites:

Flamingo Toes, Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday

40 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene,
    So fabulous project!!! Love the briliant idea! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Have a fabulous day!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! So nice to hear from Portugal! I will travel to your site too!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  2. LOVE this. What a cute idea for a fun pillow :) Thanks for the link to my zippered pillow tutorial!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you LOVE this one!! :) Nice to have a great tutorial to link to... thank you!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  3. I love this pillow. It is so creative and perfect for anyone who loves pianos. I'm pinning it for future use. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Can't wait to give it to the "Piano Player"!! I hope she loves it!!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you , thank you, thank you!! Following you by email now!

      ~Darlene
      www.MyHoneyBunch.CO

      Delete
  5. Cute pillow! I am definitely pinning this! And I'm your newest follower! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kindness!

      xo, Darlene

      Delete
  6. Hi Darlene! This is so cute! I appreciate you linking up to my Pin Me Party! I am your newest follower via GFC & Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me too! I do enjoy your blog...good information!!!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  7. What a fun idea. I should make this for my daughter, she loves playing the piano. Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tutorial! I will definitely have to make this for my daughter! (She loves the piano and takes lessons.) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun pillow. I should make one of these for my daughter that plays the piano. Thanks for sharing.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one really cute pillow! And I've been a fan of The Piano Man for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am a Piano Man fan from way back! I couldn't resist adding the link! I thought it would be a fun touch!!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  11. This turned out AWESOME. I might be inspired!
    Excited to find your blog and follow! I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime and consider joining the Tuesday "oldies" link party!
    www.dosmallthingswithlove.com
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so neat!! I have always wanted to make a piano key quilt.. You have inspired me to get with it!

    Please visit my blog when you get a chance. :)

    www.pigtalesandquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I am so glad you popped by my blog! You are insanely talented!! I have always wished I knew how to sew! I look forward to learning some new things from you and seeing all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene - Your blog is loaded in for my Grow Your Blog party- you will need to do a special post for the event. I will be by to meet you as soon as I can after the party starts!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pillow What an idea!Thanks for the tutorial
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Darlene, thanks for following my blog! Not to worry, I love crafts! I used to do a lot of sewing and some quilting even. Now since I paint so much, I do not get round to a lot of it. But seeing some quick and easy projects that make great gifts usually make me get out the old sewing machine. Like your neck tie onsies, what a great project. I think I will need to make some of those for my new nephew, he will look so distinguished! Thank you for making those wonderful step-by-step tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for following me! What a cute pillow, my daughter would love to have. Gave me an idea for a Christmas Present! Thanks for sharing, and I follow you now too. Also love the necktie bibs - how adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visiting from The Clever Chick Blog Hop ... LOVE this:)

    - Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. How talented are you! I was out of town, so finally able to go visit some blogs! Thanks for visiting me and The Pink Geranium, and I already am following you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tutorial. You have a lovely blog. I'm a new follower and participant of 'Grow your Blog'. Have fun at the party!
    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darlene: You have so many great ideas and you do such a beautiful job. I am a new follower. -Derrith tiedupinribbon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for your kind words! I am enjoying your blog also as a follower...

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  22. Love that pillow, great job. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for linking this up to my link party. Your blog is great. I will be following along through google reader. I hope you link up again soon.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have you on my Link Party Tab so I remember to link to you each week!

      Thanks so much for following! Lots to come!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  24. My daughter (lover of music, particularly Chopin's) would LOVE this pillow. What a great idea!!! Thx for posting it (great tutorial btw). Lynaea @ EverydayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you soo much. I got a perfect thing to gift my musician boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much! I got a perfect birthday gift for my musician boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete