Sunday, January 6, 2013

Neck Tie Bibs and Onesies






Here's a snazzy way to dress up any little man!  This is a simple and quick craft for anyone with a little bit of sewing experience.

You can make a bib if you choose, but I bought my bibs since I
wanted to get right on the applique part... as you may already know, I am impatient and jump from craft to craft constantly.

I made 2 different size "Tie" patterns, one small and one large.  I like the larger one better...



First, I ironed a rectangle of tie fabric onto some Wonder Under and cut out the tie.  Peel off the paper backing and lay the tie in place on top of the bib, being careful that it is straight and exactly where you want it.  I put a piece of fabric on top, to keep from ruining or burning the bib, and ironed the tie to the bib.

Using a contrast or matching thread on top and white thread in the bobbin, I zigzagged all around the edge of the tie and across the bottom of the knot part.  Using the trial and error method, I found the right size stitch to use.  I wanted the stitches close in length but not on top of each other ~ there goes the impatient part again, longer stitch length means shorter sewing time!




I also added a top stitch of the contrasting color around the edge of the bib on some.  You can use a decorative stitch here too but I didn't want any type of "frilly" look.

Using the same procedure, I created my little man some dashing Onesies...  








 Really, does it get any cuter???


~ Darlene

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments welcome and appreciated!
This post may be linked at several of these sites:
 Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday, Sarah Dawn Designs, Raising ReaganSew Much Ado, Southern Lovely , Sugar and DotsFamily Home and LifeThe Life of Jennifer DawnMy World Made By HandMade in a Day , Housewife How-To's

13 comments:

  1. These are just the cutest things. I love the onuses!!! They are adorable gift ideas for the new borns.
    I am following you now and enjoyed visiting your blog. I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/dos-and-dont-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I visited your blog and am following...

      I love giving these items for new babies!! So cute and always bring a smile to your face!

      xo, Darlene

      Delete
  2. Nice! Very cute ... I may have to make some for my friend's new boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, thank you! I would love to see what you make. Post back here or my Facebook (My Honey Bunch) page with your pictures!!

      xo, Darlene

      Delete
  3. These are the sweetest things...

    Hi There,

    Stopping by from the link up to share some aloha and to follow your story here. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love, love it if you'd join me at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding the wave of life together-- it's a sweet thing. 'hope to see ya soon.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Surfed out to Hawaii and following the blog and through Facebook!

    ~ Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! How cute! Thank you for sharing this at the Mak it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene,

    I want to thank you for leaving a comment on my Adjusting Comment Settings post. I am already a follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!!Lovely idea!Thanks so much for sharing it! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are cut I think I may can make them
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. I am going to have to remember this idea when I go to make a gift for a new baby.

    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Wish I had these when my boys were babies!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Me too!!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete