Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Projects #1

This past week was a busy bee week for me!  These are the projects I got finished...

I was asked by a friend to make a Pillowcase Dress, size 7/8 and a

matching American Girl Doll Dress for her daughter's Spring Raffle at the Elementary School. 



So I did...

 Next, we were doing Brittany's room makeover for Designing 4 Hope and I made a Peace Sign pillow for Brittany's bed.  Remember the Piano Pillow?  That was for her sister, Nicole.

This colorful blanket was made the same as the Crocheted Baby Blanket I had made last week.  I enjoyed making the baby blanket so much, I decided to make another one...only this time more colorful and fun!

Inspired by Brittany and her slouch hat she wore at her room makeover, I found a pattern by Gleeful Things and made one in Brittany's favorite color.  I wanted to send it to her but I think it will be too big!  If I can figure out how to make a child size, I'll be whipping out another! (thanks Sue for modeling my hat for me!!) *snort*



In case I didn't tell you yet... I received a Babylock Ellure Plus 3 embroidery machine for a Christmas gift from Nick!  ♥  Such a huge, welcomed surprise!!  I have been playing and trying new things...This Pottery Barn inspired pillow is for my niece, Heather, and it is the first thing that came out worthy of giving as a gift!  :)  Still perfecting the monogrammed towels!!




I had considered being in a Spring craft show so I made up 8 roll-up crayon holders.  Now I am not doing the show, *ugh* so I have some more items to give away or put in the Etsy Store!!

That seems to be the story of my crafting world... I love to make things that I really don't need, so I look for someone to give the stuff to!!  This week I have some more hats and kitchen towels in the making...I'll post them in next weeks post of "Last Week's Project's #2"

Comments welcome and appreciated!

~ Darlene


11 comments:

  1. I love your crayon holders. Don't forget to keep one or two for those last minute birthday gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't worry I have about 20 more that are already made! :)

      ~ Darlene
      Facebook = My Honey Bunch

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all of your projects! Just found your great blog. Your newest follower. :)

    Kathy @ lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,

      Thanks for stopping by!! I love your blog also and I have been looking for some different link parties to join and found you! I linked up 2 and followed...

      ~ Darlene
      Facebook = My Honey Bunch

      Delete
  4. Hi Darlene, just found you via sew many ways. What an amazing crafty person you are. The pencil holders are wonderful and I absolutely love the crochet blanket. I also really like your bee design really cute.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comments and for stoppping by!!

      I love my little bee too and I also love your busy bee!!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  5. Following back from the Feral Turtle. Looking forward to getting to know you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented. Looking forward to reading about all your craftiness! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!! I wish I could finish a fraction of this in one week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I seem to have more time in my life right now so I am taking advantage of this! It will be busy again real soon!

      ~ Darlene

      Delete