Monday, September 10, 2012

Jute Wrapped Beer Bottle


My weekend Pinterest-inspired project was a simple one this week inspired by this pin by Everyday a la Mode.

Going through the recycling, I found this cute little bottle from our local fav brewery, Victory Brewery.  I didn't like covering up the funny little monkey on the label, but my creative side won this one.




My next post will be using the cute little monkey bottle to do this project by Picklee by making it into a vase.

 
I used regular thin jute and started hot gluing it from the bottom of the bottle going up.

 
While you are gluing, pull the jute slightly so it is nice and tight around the bottle and the rows are close to each other.  Be careful to not start a spiral and keep the rows as horizontal as possible.

  
Finished bottle
 
I love how it looks paired with my antique decoy.

Enjoy,
~ Darlene
Follow Me on Pinterest  

2 comments:

  1. lovely & easy! two things i like. thanks for sharing :)

    stopping by from the Rainbows & Honeysuckle hop!

     trish @ tales from ...

    ReplyDelete