Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bucket List

This was today's project...I needed a bucket to carry my tools, paint brushes, items, etc. when I am working on my projects and moving around a lot.  Of course, my first step was to google for directions or a pattern.  I found several but none of them suited me....so I guess I had no choice but to make up my own -- as usual, UGH!

Well, I started measuring my bucket and whipped one out in about an hour....not too shabby for my first attempt.  I love the foam padded handle cover (with velcro) for extra comfort!





I think if I were to do it again, I wouldn't really change a thing in the design. What I would do the next time is take pictures while making it and make a pattern so I could post a tutorial for others. Here is a link for a tutorial on how to make an organizer simlar to this one.  Here is another link to In My Own Style version and a indepth look at what lurks inside her "toolbox"!  I do believe that any somewhat experienced sewer could look at my finished product and make one without directions.  Maybe I will put that on my Bucket List...A Tutorial for a Bucket Organizer...Hmmmm???


~ Darlene


Comments welcome and appreciated!
This post may be linked at several of these sites:

Flamingo Toes, Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House

25 comments:

  1. Your bucket looks great! I was going to make one of these for all my cleaning supplies, but I got lazy and just bought a long rectangle bucket to chuck them all in. Yours looks much prettier than mine though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would still like to do a tutorial for this...maybe when I make another one, I'll write down how I did it and pass it along. Thanks for your comment and watch for more fun projects and children's items I will be posting.

      Darlene

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful project!!! I have been looking at these at the Fleet store in town but they are just boring painter's beige. This is wonderful as now I can use the fabrics I want! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful bucket cover! So pretty and the extra pockets will hold so much and keep things organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gorgeous bucket is beautifully created. It would be perfect for crafters with all the pockets for a variety of hand tools and endless supplies in the bucket itself. Well done! TFS I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I found you on the Clever Chicks Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an ugly one that came from a big box store we use to hold our picnic supplies. I'm now thinking I need a prettier version. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene - this is great! I LOVE the fabric and think it's amazing that you just whipped this up! Thanks for linking up to the weekly creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bucket organizers are really great. I bought one for my hubby years ago and it has really
    been handy.............yours is way cuter than his tho!! lol
    and I like the nice padded handle too. Girl Power!! lol


    Thanks for sharing, very nice.
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling! That's crazy cool that you were able to whip it up from scratch so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! this is great, and so darn useful. I totally know what you mean about taking pics during the process, that is so hard to do isn't it? Thanks for sharing, I'm pinning it! Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is one good lookin' bucket. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. I just have one of the really awful ones from the store, but this looks so cheerful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Love the fabric you used. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is adorable and clever. Thanks for sharing. Found you on one of the hops. WOuld love for you to stop by and visit my site. www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. found you blog and I am following!

      Thanks!
      ~ Darlene

      Delete
  15. I found you from Diana Rambles Party! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi robin! Thanks for stopping by. I will see you Wednesday at your party and thanks for following. I don't see you on my GFC list.

      ~ Darlene
      Facebook = My Honey Bunch

      Delete
  16. This is such a great idea!! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy
    www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete